What’s great for getting your morning off to a delicious kick-start?
Coffee lovers know it’s hard to really get our day started without a piping-hot cup of fresh coffee. If you really need your cup of java in the morning, then pour over coffee is the way to experience a perfect moment of bliss before confronting the day.
What is Pour Over Coffee?
Pour over coffee isn’t just the latest trend in the coffee, it has been around for a long time. In Japan it continues to be the most popular and enjoyable way to make coffee, both at home and in the coffee shops.
A pour over coffee maker is a cone-shaped filter (with or without a paper filter) that funnels the water down through the ground coffee and through a hole or series of holes at the bottom. It’s a convenient manual brewing method that can be used anywhere, from your first brew in the morning, to work, travel, picnics, camping, or the beach. You never need to be without a perfect cup of coffee!
So why is Pour Over Coffee so special?
It’s coffee the way it was meant to be – made slowly, exactly right, and with tender loving care, to give you that balanced, smooth cup of coffee you want. And with just a few inexpensive tools, you can enjoy a perfect, great-tasting cup of coffee without any fancy equipment.
Here are the top 3 reasons to start brewing your coffee with a pour over Coffee Dripper:
- When you make your own coffee, you don’t just save money, but you’re making the right choice for the environment – in just a few years you will have saved the lives of many trees. And our paperless pour over coffee filters are not only better for the environment, but also allow more flavor to be extracted from the coffee, resulting in a richer, better tasting cup.
- It’s so practical! With a pour over coffee dripper, you can enjoy freshly ground coffee anytime, any place. No need to plug in anything – all you need is hot water and ground coffee. You can just pop it in the dishwasher when you’re done.
- The calm, relaxing sounds and movements of pouring water over coffee and into your cup – brewing your own pour over coffee has a subtly powerful way of creating a moment of peace where you can live the moment to the fullest.
Embrace the moment – start brewing your own fantastic cup of coffee today!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Instructions for the Java Planet
Pour Over Coffee Dripper
- Heat your water: Use filtered water heated to 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit for best results. Allow your water to come off the boil for about a minute before pouring.
- Measure and grind your coffee: For best results, grind your coffee beans right before brewing. We recommend a medium to medium-fine grind to produce the best results, preferably with a burr grinder (see our Ceramic Burr Manual Grinder). The amount of coffee you use depends on how strong you want your coffee to be. A good rule of thumb is 2 tablespoons of ground coffee to 6 ounces of water.
- Pour your coffee: Place filter on top of your cup and spoon in your favorite freshly ground coffee.
- Bloom your coffee: Pour about a tablespoon of hot water over the fresh grounds. Breathe in the beautiful aroma. Wait a few seconds to allow the grounds and water to mix and expand.
- Pour the water: Slowly pour the rest of the water over the coffee grounds evenly and allow to drip through into your cup. Your coffee is now ready. Enjoy!
- Clean up: Rinse thoroughly with warm water or put in the top rack of your dishwasher.
(note: Spent coffee grounds can be reused as a garden fertilizer or as an exfoliating body scrub!)