A French Press (also called la cafetière) isn’t really a new way to make coffee – its been around in various forms for about 100 years and has become one of the most popular ways to brew a great cup of coffee. It is a coffee plunger, or press, that is easy to use and provides a rich brew.
Why use a French Press?
A lot of people think the French Press makes the best coffee you can drink. Why? Because flavor lives in the oils and paper filters take the oils out of the coffee, along with the flavor. The French Press steeps the coffee instead to give you the end result – a full-flavored mouth-watering cup of coffee!
Get the best coffee, hot or cold . . .
Not only does the French Press give you a great cup of hot coffee, it’s also a fabulous way to make cold brew coffee. So simple! Just add your coffee to cool water, cover, and store in the fridge for 24 hours. Then make it just the same way, by depressing the plunger, and then pouring your perfectly extracted cold brew. The long, slow extraction makes the press a wonderful way to get low acid coffee for those with sensitive stomachs. (see our cold brew recipe below)
5 tips for brewing the best French Press coffee:
- Always use coarse grinds for French Press coffee to get best flavor without getting that unappealing grit in your cup.
- Balance is the key to a perfect cup of French Press coffee. Use too much or too little water, and your coffee just won’t taste right.
- Take the time to let your coffee bloom and steep.
- Once brewing is complete, don’t leave your coffee in the French Press. Pour it into a carafe so it can’t continue to brew and grow bitter.
- Keep your French Press clean so you won’t have old grounds stuck in the bottom next time, mucking up your new brew.
For a fantastic French Press brew, we are now offering Java Planet’s new stainless steel 34oz French Press coffee maker!
From our family to yours! Since 2009 we have endeavored to offer you the best cup of coffee you’ve ever had. Now we want you to have the best coffee brewing experience as well! Our new French Press is durable, portable and best of all, delivers a gorgeous cup of coffee.
Our easy-to-clean French Press keeps your coffee piping hot – warmer than a glass press, and it won’t break! From home to office, while traveling and outdoors, you never have to be without a great cup of coffee.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Java Planet Cold Brew Recipe
- Fill your French Press with a mixture of water and coffee (use a coarse grind) in a ratio of about 1 cup of ground Java Planet Coffee to about 4.5 cups of water.
- Stir it up to mix, and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the mixture. With your French Press, simply plunge the coffee!
- Pour over ice, and you’re set.
- Optional - Sweeten and add creamer or milk for an exceptional taste!
This yields a more caffeinated brew and apparently is easier to guzzle down because of the lower acidity.