Java Planet Organic Coffee Online Shop
Enter the world of Java Planet and experience an excursion to exotic foreign lands where you can explore the deep, rich flavors of our premium fair-trade organic coffees…with the comfort of knowing your cup was brewed with virgin, whole, organic coffee beans…shade grown and secluded so far from civilization that they have never been touched by a chemical spray, nor would they know what one was if asked.
Your adventure awaits…
A Little Bit About Organic Coffee
There’s something amazing about waking up early, going outside for a walk to enjoy the fresh morning air, and anticipating that cup of great tasting coffee to start the day.
Having a wonderful cup of coffee from Java Planet is a great way to learn how much better coffee can be when it’s grown in a way that supports your health, supports the planet and cares for the workers who supply it.
Better for the Environment
Organically produced coffee is grown within a natural environment, often among other crops native to the area, without the use of chemicals or additives that encourage crops to grow larger or at a faster rate than their natural tendency. No chemical products are allowed anywhere in the process of growing, equipment cleaning, picking, roasting, or decaffeinating.
Farms that produce organically do so without the use of synthetic or chemical products like fertilizers, insecticides or herbicides; producing cleaner, more natural beans, and preserving the water, land and air in the process. This process is much more sustainable and environmentally friendly in comparison to chemical farm methods.
Natural coffee growing estates are often situated within or alongside existing forests, and benefit from the shade provided from surrounding trees. Wild animals, as well as native plants, live within the ecosystem, allowing the soil fertility to be naturally sustained in a resilient, revolving and self-sustainable cycle. One example of organic ingenuity is reusing the waste from coffee processing by having earthworms transform coffee pulp into naturally fertilizing humus for the soil.
Farms within the forests of South America and Africa are better equipped to ride out extreme weather patterns; getting much needed shade during sustained periods of sunlight, as well as receiving ample but not too much water during heavy rainfall. Investment in organic farming preserves the land from forest demolition, ensuring the survival of the rainforests for years to come, and protecting the investments of farm owners. So yes, by switching what’s in your cup, you could save a rainforest.
Why Drink Organic Coffee?
- Better Tasting – Much like your home garden tomatoes you grow in the backyard with natural fertilizer, a cup of coffee grown without chemicals retains all of the natural coffee bean flavor, simply resulting in a better tasting experience. The difference in taste is due to the fact that large-scale industrial coffee farming robs the soil of important nutrients, which are “replaced” by synthetic chemicals and fertilizers, resulting in beans that lack their natural flavor.
- Better Aroma – Organic beans from the well-known producing regions including Columbia, Costa Rica, Bolivia and Brazil produce coffee with a beautiful robust, authentic aroma.
- Better For You – We know from years of research that our food supply suffers from entirely too many chemicals like pesticides, antibiotics and preservatives which are added to everything from our cereal, meat & milk, to even our coffee beans…resulting in many known and yet to be discovered health problems. In organically grown coffee, the natural nutrients present in the soil and surrounding crops of organic farms fill the coffee with beneficial antioxidant content, providing potential health benefits like a metabolism and energy boost, weight loss, increased alertness without jitters, decreased hunger pangs, and simply less toxins. Organic growing methods produce a beverage that is smooth, hearty, aromatic, and healthy for those who drink it.
- Better Decaffeinated – Non-Organic coffee beans undergo a chemical process to remove the caffeine, once again resulting in an experience that reduces flavor, not to mention increasing your body’s exposure to more chemicals like methylene chloride and ethyl acetate in the process. Using the Swiss Water Process, small batches of organic beans undergo a process to remove caffeine using only 3 elements: Water, temperature, and time. The result is a bean 99.9% free of caffeine, but still 100% full of natural coffee, ready to be roasted to perfection.
- Better For Farmers – Less exposure to harmful industrial chemical toxins means the farmers who produce your organic coffee beans live a healthier happier life as they live and work off the lands that produce the world’s greatest tasting coffees.
- Better For the Planet – Organic farming ensures that our planet will suffer less by reducing the pollution from synthetic chemical pesticides, fertilizers and cleaning products. Soil will be more rich and self-sustaining from naturally occurring compost; natural habitats for animals will be preserved; water contamination will be reduced; and farm worker safety improved.
At Java Planet, we import only the best coffee from certified organic Fair Trade suppliers from the best producing regions in the industry.
Fair Trade helps ensure that the production of coffee favors the health & welfare of farm workers by enforcing labor laws, ensuring guaranteed floor or market prices, and helping to build viable businesses that provide healthy, organic foods in developing countries. It also promotes environmental preservation by providing organic farming technique training to owners and workers, and by offering higher prices for organically grown crops.
To learn more about Fair Trade Organic Coffee, or learn about the coffee roasting process, meet new friends and enjoy a superior cup of Java in Tampa, Florida, stop by Java Planet Organic Coffee Roasters, or give us a call at 813-242-4805.