We at Java Planet believe that "Life is too short to drink bad coffee" and want to ensure you get the best possible coffee to enjoy. We provide you with organic freshly roasted coffee to start your cup of right. Below we have some tips on taking those great beans and brewing them into a cup of coffee that is just right for you!
1. Keep your coffee in an airtight container
2. Ensure your coffee maker is clean
3. Adjust your grind size. There are general rules for grind size and brewing method, but if you find your brewed cup is a bit bitter, then you may need to make the grind larger. Feel free to experiment until you find what is just right for you.
4. Water temperature – if you are using an automatic drip coffee maker, you cannot do much about this. If you are doing Pour Over or French Press it is especially important. The recommended temperature for the water is 195 to 205 F. If you do not have an electric kettle that measures the temperature, let your water boil, and then take it off the boil for about a minute before pouring into the grounds. We recommend using only filtered water.
5. Coffee grounds to water ratio - It is recommended 1 – 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per 6 ounces of water. This leaves a lot of room to experiment. If you add cream and sugar to your coffee, you may want a more intense brew and you can start with 2 tablespoons and turn it down if you find it too strong. If you drink coffee black, we recommend starting with 1 tablespoon and working your way up.